Murcia,Cartagena, Aguilas by Anna



As you may already know, my project, as far as everyone's else's from my organization, is located in Murcia, Spain - a city where the party never ends. Or, at least it seems to be like this when you see huge crowds of people in the night on the streets every day of the week.

I have to say that there are a lot of places to spend a free time here, especially when it was hot a week ago. Lots of parks, nice cafes, great weather (i doubt that it could be that hot anywhere else in Europe).

And what is more important- there's always some museums and exhibitions that you can visit if you have enough spare time.


Same with music events- the first day of my arrival here there was a festival of music all around the city. If someone has ever been in Ukraine during the summertime, we also have something like that- Street Music Day (День Вуличної Музики).

And this is not the only one event like this, here are constantly held street music performances, pubs and bars always invite some bands and you can always attend Jazz Evening on Thursday nights.

Moreover- even in the smallest city you may find Zumba, bachata, tango and other expressive dance classes, that my friends attend meanwhile. (You may have noticed passion for dances from post of Marilisa).

But of course, my description of this great city is really subjective, here you can find dozens more facts and photographs (thank you for being super useful, Wikipedia! ): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murcia

It's also a great placement, cause we're just 45 minutes away from Cartagena- a city that I've visited with my mentor and flatmate Marijana next week after my arrival. Here are also some pics to describe how cool it was there.

I had one of my best experiences by meeting the guy from Spain in the souvenir shop while buying the postcards. He appeared to know "Thank you" in every language of the world, so we spoke quite a lot about different people he has met while working there. It was also hard for him to guess where I was from since my accent is not Ukrainian (especially when he compared it to the accent of Ukrainian family exiting the shop), so his first clue was that I'm English. What a pleasure.

With this small chit-chat talks and "tourist mood" it was my first discovery of open-hearted and open-minded Spanish people culture.They are slow, true. They are relaxed. For sure. They seem to be closed. Well, yeah, they seem to. But the only reason why, that I figured out later on, is that they simply don't speak English.


Even Spanish friends of mine are laughing at that weird fact- though Europe speaks English, there's almost no hope to meet up English-speaking person here. Only those who went abroad for a longer time.

My experience of getting to know my city and region better was also supported by the National agency, cause eventually we had to go for an on-arrival training in Aguilas- one more city to see in my extremely beautiful region.



.

If you want to go for a carnival- go to Aguilas, we were told, so we can't wait to go there this winter.
And there will be way more cities that I've visited really soon, but meanwhile, wait for an article from Marilisa and Fabi about their experiences around the Spain.




Comments

Popular Posts